Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer School

Summer School started this week and I'm in a whole new ball game. I am used to teaching third grade, but for the next three weeks I will be working with 1st graders! I am both excited and nervous about the challenge. And yes, you did read correctly, three weeks. I have learned from blog hopping that some of you out there have 6 week summer school programs, that is astounding to me! In our county, we only have summer school for 3 1/2 hours a day for 3 weeks. For some reason, I am still leaving school, at 1:00, completely drained. Oh well, here are some pictures for you to enjoy.

***All of the pictures below show a VERY bare classroom which looks nothing like my classroom during the school year because: We are only in school for 3 weeks, the kids hadn't been in to create work yet, and summer school is NOT at my school this year and this is NOT my classroom . I just thought would add a disclaimer for all those wonderfully cutesy teachers whose rooms always look fabulous. :)

 From the back
 From the front
 Some of my bins for Daily 5
 Whole Brain Teaching Rules 
(I know I borrowed one of the rules from another blog, but I can't remember which one)

 Banners for our high frequency words, organized by vowel pattern.
(Every day we have 5 words of the day that the students use for word work, since there are no spelling words, and they will retire from the front board to the banner at the end of the day)
 Posters to group students for reading
 Names tags purchased 24/$1.00 last summer in the Target $1 Spot
 Poems for reading the room



My Summer School Binder:
A very scaled down version of my school year binder.
 My Lily Asher (?) planner from Wal-Mart. I have to plan with a month view, daily and weekly doesn't cut it, and Wal-Mart is always the only place I can find cute, simple, thin planners like this that don't have the daily and weekly view included. I have been buying ones like this from Wal-Mart every year since my freshman year of college, and the designs just keep getting cuter!




 State Standards
 High Frequency Words
 Copy of the letter I sent home the week before summer school began
 This week's plans are in the back cover of the binder, I usually have the binder sitting on some table top near where I am teaching, so this helps me stay on track
 Forms I made to track the constant assessment of the kids


No comments: