Saturday, April 7, 2012

Today's Number Morning Work FREEBIE

So, last night while I was spending my Spring Break staying up late pinning and watching Golden Girls, I stumbled across a pin that took me down a rabbit hole.

I came across this picture on Pinterest from Our Aussie Homeschool
I have been thinking about putting together bound notebooks for morning work next year so this caught my attention and I clicked on over to see more of the notebook.

This post led me to more about Calendar notebooks from

Mama Jenn

The Teacher Wife

Aussie Pumpin Patch

As I was mulling over how to adapt these for 3rd grade, I got really excited and decided that I want to at least start the Today's Number and Sentence Editing portion this year. After Spring Break is the perfect time for new routines! Next thing I knew I was creating a morning work sheet for my students in PPT. I'm pretty excited about beginning this routine in my classroom and giving my students the mixed skill practice everyday that will help them with state tests in just a couple weeks.

The finished product is pictured below and available for free at my TpT and Teacher's Notebook stores.


I am eager for feedback so please let me know if you do something similar, how it works, or what you do for morning work. Thanks!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey!

I'm your newest follower!! Thanks for sharing! It's always interesting to see what others do for morning work. I like the idea of a bounded notebook. I also shared what I use for my morning work awhile ago. head on over to check it out if you're interested :)

Courtney
Teaching in Paradise

It's About Time, Teachers said...

Hi Adrienne. I'm following you right back.
Barb
itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

Patti White said...

I love your blog. I saw that you joined mine and I had to come and visit yours. I am now following you. We do something like what you describe, but we call it "Number of the Day". It really helps the students build number sense.
Patti :)
A Series of 3rd Grade Events

Amanda said...

Cute blog! :)