Please comment or post (and leave a comment with your post) with ideas of things that I should spend money on or with the things that you bought with your budget money.
I would normally just go crazy with this amount of money but I dropped by my classroom today (I will post pics later) and I now realize that I have to keep certain things in mind:
- I have all of the manipulatives needed for our math curriculum.
- I have language games for every major skill and grammar.
- I have an amazing wheel-y easel with storage buckets underneath.
- I have a healthy classroom library (due to library book sales, thrift stores, and the 5 boxes the former teacher left in the room).
- I have a ton of large construction paper in multiple colors.
- I have boxes of expo markers, paper clips, post-its, and other teacher supplies.
- I have a file cabinet drawer full of glue sticks, markers, crayons, and other student supplies.
- I have a class set of spiral notebooks AND composition notebooks (as with most of the other things on my list, this is also compliments of the former teacher, but I digress and will post more on that later tonight).
- I have 7 tablets of medium-sized lined chart paper, 4 tablets of jumbo lined chart paper, and a jumbo tablet of graph paper.
- I have 20+ colorful bins from Really Good Stuff to hold my classroom library.
- I have 30+ colorful book bins from Really Good Stuff to hold individual student book picks.
- I have some sets of guided reading books and there is another room in the school that houses sets of guided reading books to be checked out.
- I have reading rods and other language manipulatives.
- I have pocket charts in different sizes.
This list looks pretty full to me, but because I have not yet had my own classroom there might be something missing that you veteran teachers will catch. Please let me know what you think I should spend my $250 on. Thank you so much!